Saturday, July 13, 2013

Roger's Pass to MacDonald Pass

The afternoon I left Lincoln we got in about 7 miles before setting up camp.  We were at the top of the ridge so we left the rain fly off to see the sunrise.  I set my best morning time and it only took me an hour to get up and ready.  Usually most of the time is spent wrapping my feet but now I only have 3 painful blisters left which is a HUGE improvement.  The days next few days were 20 mile days and tough to jump right back into.  The breaks are a nice relief but the first several steps flyer a break are always really difficult.  We stayed higher on the divide and was happy because this means there were no water crossings unfortunately that means no water.  I was concerned the dogs needed the water because it gets hot high on the divide.  The other tough part was a large amount of road walking which makes everything hurt.  We did a little bush wacking trying to find a Leys alternative but we eventually found it.  We passed lots of cows in this section but saw some beautiful views and come old mining remains.  
Trail head at Roger's Pass
Grizby now owns the CDT
First peak with my new shoes
I love these flowers! 
Nanu and Grizby are great at finding trails.
Another pretty flower...
An old train...? Near old mining town
Old house on trail. 

1 comment: