Sunday, August 4, 2013

Over a month and -3 toe nails later...

The picture below was taken exactly one month in trail and we camped by a lake just like the first night.
After a month on trail, -3 toe nails later,  and the new pair of shoes my feet have finally stabilized.  I still have a couple blisters but overall my feet are going ok.  Epsom salt works wonders!  
Anaconda was a small town we zeroed in while getting our resupply. 
Hotel Montana.



Grizby weirdly loved the two older ladies to ran the place.  Look at the temp! We were very happy we got a quick hitch from the top of the pass.  Sula had showers, laundry, hot tub, a lake the dogs could swim in, and great food.
Sunset after leaving Sula.
Posts for the Montana Idaho border.
Because why do you need bridge over the part that goes over water??
Hiked a little off trail to camp by a lake.  Mosquitos were terrible!
Lemhi pass
Nanu found an old bone, Grizby waited for her to drop it then he carried it for 3 miles.  

Kassandra picked me up from leadore Idaho and I was ready to quit and get off trail.  It only took one day for me to want to get back on trail so I skipped the leadore to lima section about 100 miles.  Grizby and I enjoyed a few days of no hiking and will meet back up in Lima to get back on trail.  I got a new pair of shoes, new shirt, and new socks and a shower.  I'm ready to be dirty, tired, and sweaty again.  Lima here we come!  We are in the back of the pack now so I'm pretty sure we need to bump up the mileage from 20 miles a day to 25 miles a day... Here I go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment