Saturday, July 13, 2013

I love Lincoln Montana

Zeros in Lincoln...
After the wild hitch I turn on my phone to check for service, sure enough my phone lights up with voice mails and text messages.  I felt happy to hear from the outside world, unfortunately most where messages about how my car had been accidentally towed!  I had left my car at my best friend Regan's father's office.  After a stop at the little town bank to get a letter releasing my car notarized we went to set up camp.  We stayed at the Spring Creek RV Park for $7 a night including hot showers : )!  The host also provided a huge stack of firewood free of charge.  After setting up camp we walked up the street to The Scapegoat Eatery to order a pizza.  45 min. Later which is forever when your hungry our pizza was ready.  Since we have the dogs and no outside seating we took the pizza back to our camp and ate it there which enjoying a fire.  The next day we went to Lambsens for breakfast.  There were 4 other thru hikers across the restaurant.  It's funny how easy it is to spot other through hikers.  We have met a lot more than I thought we would totaling about 12 so far.  I saw people setting up lawn chairs on the sidewalks during breakfast and the waitress told me they had their 4th of July parade and rodeo today.  After a full stomach we washed some clothes and headed back to camp watching the tail end of the parade.  A few hours later now hungry again we walked to the Wheel Inn a bar famous for their Wheel Burgers am sat on their outside porch like patio.  The place was busy for a small town but the dogs were so tired they slept under he table while all the people buzzed around. While waiting for our burgers we met a man named Scott who came out for a smoke.  Scott asked about the dogs and we told him about how we were thru hikers and my feet situation.  After he insisted on seeing my feet we didn't buy a drink the rest of the afternoon.  We left the Wheel Inn many beers later with a good buzz, full bellies, an offer to give us a ride to the trail head, 2 game steaks for the dogs, and homemade bratwurst.  I ordered my new shoes the next day to have them over nighted and arrive on Tuesday.  The next couple days we continued to gorge ourselves and the dogs to try to get some weight back on them.  They looked really skinny coming off trail.   By Tuesday things were looking up! My feet were a much more normal size, 2 nails had fallen off and were healing, the dogs looked much healthier in weight, and I got my new shoes!  Because they are mesh instead of leather my feet should dry a lot faster but because they are mesh I will be blowing through shoes like crazy.  We stopped at Moose Joose bar for a sandwhich before heading back on trail.  We got an ice cream while waiting for a hitch and a man  pulled over and offered to give us a ride.  Andy let us throw the dogs and our stuff in his truck bed then took us to the pass.  Hitching has been pretty easy since everyone drives a truck in Montana.  We got a lot of trail magic and some very nice people in Lincoln.  I would love to come back to visit one day.  
Forgot to out this picture up in a earlier post for The Bob...
Grizby and Nanu enjoying their zeros
A deer across the street from the Wheel Inn

Sunset after thunder and lightning shower
Grizby at camp site
New shoes that fit! Now back to the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment